- Older 4's (AK4)
- 5-year-olds (K5)
- Beginning 1st graders---first time being schooled (B1st)
Levels B:1 and B:2 can normally be completed within a typical school year. However, if you start an older 4-year-old on Level B, simply teach in sequence at whatever pacing best fits your child's needs.
Skills Covered at Phonics Level B:1:
- Aa-Zz Letters/Sounds
- Blends (single consonant and a vowel blended together to form one speech sound)
- Spelling Short-Vowel Words
- Reading One-Syllable Words
Skills Covered at Phonics Level B:2:
- Adding Suffix -s
- Consonant Digraphs (ck, sh, ch, tch, ng, nk, th, wh)
- Giant Blends (two or three consonants blended with a vowel)
- Beginning Grammar (naming words, describing words, and pronouns as a tool of reading comprehension)
- Manuscript Printing
Note: At Rocky Bayou Christian School, where this program was developed, as measured by the 1970 California Achievement Test (CAT) designed for first graders, at the end of kindergarten K5's with one year's education have averaged a median Grade Equivalent (G.E.) of 2.25 with a median Percentile score of 86.4. Kindergartners who attended both K4 and K5 have traditionally scored a 3.02 G.E. and median Percentile of 98.8.
NOTICE: If you already own PHONICS KIT A (Part 001), you will only need to order Phonics Add-On Kit B (Part 002AO).
Phonics Kit B includes the following:
Christ-Centered Phonics Foundation Materials: For a detailed description of each item, click on its Part Number link.
- Christ-Centered Phonics Master Guide 3-ring binder (Part 200)
- Christ-Centered Phonics Flashcards 1-118: Master Set (Part 201-RV)
- Christ-Centered Phonics Flashcards Drill CD (Part 201.5)
- Reader: Creation: God Made Me (Part 350)
- Short Vowel Readers Set (5 books - Part 351)
- Reader: The Fall: God Loves Me (Part 352)
- Long Vowel Readers Set (3 books - Part 353)
Lessons/Workbooks/Answer Keys: For a detailed description of each item, click on its Part Number link.
- Christ-Centered Phonics Lessons for Flashcards 1-31: Level B:1 (Part 204)
- Christ-Centered Phonics Workbook: Level B:1 (Part 205)
- Christ-Centered Phonics Workbook Instructions & Answer Key: Level B:1 (Part 205AK)
- Christ-Centered Phonics Lessons for Flashcards 32-66: Level B:2 (Part 206)
- Christ-Centered Phonics Workbook: Level B:2 (Part 207)
- Christ-Centered Phonics Workbook Instructions & Answer Key: Level B:2 (Part 207AK)
- Christ-Centered Spelling & Vocabulary Workbook: Level B:2 (Part 208)
- Christ-Centered Spelling & Vocabulary Workbook Answer Key: Level B:2 (Part 208AK)
Recommended Set of Readers:
In addition to the readers which are included in Phonics Kit B above, we highly recommend ordering this Kindergarten Readers Set (Part 360.1-4) produced by Christian Liberty Press (CLP). Why? Because these books all nicely complement Christ-Centered Phonics Levels B and C. Ordering in a complete Set not only makes these four books more economical, but its several reading levels may also be useful for other children in your family.
- Phonics Levels B:1 and B:2
- It Is Fun to Read (360.1; 32 pages)---This Phonics Level B:1 book is best read after our Short Vowel Readers Set (Part 351) which is included in the entire Phonics Kit B (Part 002) and Phonics Kit B Part 1 (002-B1).
- Pals and Pets (360.2; 32 pages)---This Phonics Level B:2 book is best read after our Long Vowel Readers Set (Part 353) which is included in the entire Phonics Kit B (Part 002) and Phonics Kit B Part 2 (002-B2).
- Phonics Levels C:2 and C:3
- A Time at Home (360.3; 64 pages)---This Phonics Level C:2 book is best read after The Flood: GOD SAVES ME (Part 356) plus daily practices in our Phonics Drill Reader (Part 357). Both of these readers are included in Phonics Kit C (Part 003).
- It Is a Joy to Learn (360.4; 64 pages)---This Phonics Level C:3 book is best read in addition to daily practices in our Phonics Drill Reader (Part 357).
Please choose the options you want for your purchase.
Choose Your Kindergarten Readers: