Off to a great start with Christ-Centered A-B-C’s!
- Older 3's (AK3)
- Young 4's (K4)
Note: Older 4's will normally do better starting with Phonics Kit B (Part 002). Just teach in sequence at a pace that best fits your child's own needs.
Skills Covered at Phonics Level A:
- Aa-Zz Letters/Sounds
- Short Vowels
- Blends (single consonant and a vowel blended together to form one speech sound)
- Reading Short Vowel Words
- Spelling Blends and Short Vowel Words
- Brief introduction to Long Vowels
- Manuscript Printing
If you purchase Phonics Kit A (Part 001), when ready for Level B, you will only need to order Phonics Add-On Kit B (Part 002AO).
Phonics Kit A includes the following:
Teacher Materials: Click any part number below to link to more information about that product.
- Christ-Centered Phonics Master Guide (3-ring binder that includes Visual Aids used at Levels A, B, and C) (Part 200)
- Christ-Centered Phonics Flashcards 1-31 (Part 201.1).
- Christ-Centered Phonics Flashcards Drill CD (Part 201.5)
- Christ-Centered Phonics Lessons for Aa-Zz: Level A (Part 202 )
- Christ-Centered Phonics Workbook Instructions/Answer Key: Level A (Part 203AK)
Student Materials: Click any part number below to link to more information about that product.
- Christ-Centered Phonics Workbook: Level A (Part 203)
- Alphabet & Numbers Tracing Set (Part 216)
- Reader: Creation: God Made Me (Part 350)
- Readers: Short Vowel Set (5 books – Part 351)
- Christ-Centered Alphabet Wall Cards (Part 215)---Helpful when singing the "Christ-Centered Alphabet Song."
- Magnetic Learning Letters (Part 217)---104 upper/lower case color-coded letters (red vowels/blue consonants).
Phonics Kit A (Part 001) contains 31 full lessons, divided into three days each (93 days total). Each lesson could be spread over several weeks, or completed in two or three days per week. A daily lesson plus workbook assignment generally takes about 20 minutes.