Advanced Beginning Math Program
- 5's who mastered the 1-10 addition/subtraction families (AK5)
- First Graders who know the 1-10 addition/subtraction families well (1st)
Christ-Centered Math Is Uniquely Scriptural!
Just as God designed a
special dwelling place for Himself among men (the Tabernacle),
so He has designed a special dwelling place for numbers. For example, most Bible scholars believe that the number 10 in Scripture signifies "perfection or completion of divine order"---which implies "nothing is lacking; the cycle
is complete." Therefore, studying place value---1's, 10's, 100's places---is excellent preparation for learning
the 11-18 addition/subtraction facts through a Base 10 system. Because our number system is composed of cycles of 10, mastering the 10 Moth Family's "partners for 10" (9+1, 8+2, 7+3, etc.)
helps children better understand and master the difficult teen combinations.
Complete Math Kit C includes the following:
- Christ-Centered Math Lessons: Level C---Workbook Answer Key Included (Part 540)
- Christ-Centered Math Workbook: Level C (Part 541)
- Interlocking Base 10 Blocks Set---100 one's units, 10 ten's rods, 3 hundred's flats (Part 542)
Note: A Place Value Pocket Chart (Part 520.1) and Snap Cubes (Part 520.2) are also used as a concrete reinforcement at Level C. Additional charts and/or visual aids are at Tabs 4 and 5 of the Math Master Guide (Part 500).
Skills Covered at Math Level C:
- Place Value (1ís, 10ís, 100ís Places)
- 2- and 3-digit Addition/Subtraction (No Renaming)
- Greater Than/Less Than to 999
- Identifying Missing Numbers in Sequence to 999
- Counting by 1's, 2ís, 3ís, 4ís, 5ís, and 10ís
- Numeration (Reading and Writing Numbers 0-20)
- Adding Multiple Numbers
- 11-18 Addition/Subtraction Families
- Word Problems and Equation Theory
Studying place value plus the difficult teen combinations is primarily recommended for 1st Grade. However, some Advanced K5/B1st students have been known to finish Levels A, B, and C in a typical school year, or shortly thereafter. For the best results, just teach in sequence at a pace which lovingly challenges God-given capabilities.