Advanced Beginning Math Program
- Advanced K5 (AK5)
- First Grade (1st)
Christ-Centered Math Is Uniquely Scriptural!
Just as God designed a
special dwelling place for Himself among men (the Tabernacle),
so He has designed a special dwelling place for numbers. For example, most Bible scholars believe that the number 10 in Scripture signifies "perfection or completion of divine order"---which implies "nothing is lacking; the cycle
is complete." Therefore, Level C students will first study place value---1's, 10's, 100's places---as preparation for learning
the 11-18 addition/subtraction facts through a Base 10 system. Because our number system is composed of cycles of 10, mastering the 10 Moth Family's "partners for 10" (9+1, 8+2, 7+3, etc.)
will thus help students better understand and master the difficult teen combinations.
Skills Covered at Math Level C:
- Place Value (1ís, 10ís, 100ís Places)
- 2- and 3-digit Addition/Subtraction (No Renaming)
- Greater Than/Less Than to 999
- Identifying Missing Numbers in Sequence to 999
- Counting by 1's, 2ís, 3ís, 4ís, 5ís, and 10ís
- Numeration (Reading and Writing Numbers 0-20)
- Adding Multiple Numbers
- 11-18 Addition/Subtraction Families
- Word Problems and Equation Theory
Math Kit C includes the following:
- Christ-Centered Math Lessons: Level C---Workbook Answer Key Included (Part 540)
- Christ-Centered Math Workbook: Level C (Part 541)
- Interlocking Base 10 Blocks Set---100 one's units, 10 ten's rods, 3 hundred's flats (Part 542)
Note: A Place Value Pocket Chart (Part 520.1) and Snap Cubes (Part 520.2) are also used as a concrete reinforcement at Level C. Additional charts and/or visual aids are at Tabs 4 and 5 of the Christ-Centered Math Master Guide (Part 500).
Studying place value plus the difficult teen combinations is usually recommended for 1st Grade. However, some Advanced K5 students have been capable of completing Math Levels A, B, and C within a typical school year, or shortly thereafter. For the best results, teach in sequence at whatever pace lovingly challenges your student's God-given capabilities.